8.14.2014

"Death Like Sleep" Update

Hi!  Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I just had blogger's block!  (Oh wow, I just made up a new term!) It's like writer's block but it is when someone doesn't have any ideas for a blog post.  ;)  Anyways, I thought that I would just post about my current WIP, Death Like Sleep.  It is a Christian fantasy retelling of the fairytale Sleeping Beauty.  Writing it is actually going very well!  I had writer's block a few days ago and haven't worked on it too much for about a week.  I did do some word wars though which helped me a little bit.  :)  So, let me update for you:

Current Word Count (as of this very second): 9,822

So, I am almost 1/5 of the way to my goal of at least 50,000 words!  I think that the pacing is pretty good right now.

If you are new and have absolutely no idea what I am talking about, I am writing a novel called Death Like Sleep, and as I mentioned before, it is a retelling of Sleeping Beauty.  Here is a little blurb about it:

           "It doesn't matter.  Wherever you want.  You have about a million to choose from," I laughed lightheartedly.  Suddenly, my vision blurred and spots flew before my eyes.  The world began to spin.  Was this was vertigo feels like?  My heart pounded.  Was I dying?  I struggled to take a breath and my knees buckled.  My eyes closed and my head never hit the floor of the stadium.
When Lyric Valvo wakes up in a strange forest that she doesn't recognize (more due to the fact that she has never seen a forest), she and her best friend Finn are mistaken for runaway soldiers and treated harshly.  On top of that, Lyric has a strange attraction to sharp edges.  Could this be related to something that happened just after she was born?  How did she get to where ever she is?  Are the fabled Mind Wars real?
 
Have a great rest of your day!  God Bless!
Alea Harper