6.18.2015

Growing Your Audience


I remember the days when my corner of the Internet had a small 5 followers.  Those people would be myself (yes, I follow my own blog), my grandfather, my mom, sister, and a couple of friends.

Now I have a total of 50 followers!  28 on Google Friend Connect, 4 on Bloglovin', and 18 by email.  I don't know exactly how I have so many followers, but I think I have a pretty good idea.

Pictures like this will enable you to pin the post to Pinterest.
1. Professional-looking design.  When I first started this blog, it looked very...umm...bad.  I used what Blogger provided and that was it.  My second design was better.  I created some graphics to use. My third design (you're looking at it now, unless you are reading this in your Inbox) is the best!

2. Utilize Pinterest.  I have gotten so many pageviews from pinning my posts to Pinterest.  

3. Comment on other blogs that have to do with what you are blogging about.  If I am reading the comments on a blog that I like, I might look at some of the blogs of people commenting.

4. Follow other blogs.  If you follow me, I will look at your blog and most likely follow it back.  I'd say other people might do the same things.  I can only speak for myself though.

5. Tell people.  The person you tell might want to look at it!

Those are all my tips!  I hope this helps you in your blogging endeavors!

And a special thank you to all of my followers!  You are the reason I keep blogging!

Tally ho!  Cheery bye!  Until we next meet!
-Alea Harper