11.28.2016

NaNoWriMo 2016 Recap ||| I Wrote A Novella + Snippets


NaNoWriMo is almost over, but it's over for me.  Yet again, I did not write the big 50,000 words.  But, I did write a novella!  (For some reason, I write super short.)

Here is a little bit about my NaNoWriMo 2016 experience!



  • I wrote 6k in one day.
  • I took a couple of breaks for various activities.
  • I randomly switched from past tense to present tense on the first page.

Snippet 1


(Please ignore all spelling/grammar errors.  It's the first draft.  Oh, and you can click the text to make the image larger.)


  • My MC, Nora Mae, is not a brave person.  In a fight or flight situation, she will RUN.
  • My characters travel to the set of Avengers: Infinity War, which I accidently put in Los Angeles instead of Atlanta.

Snippet 2

(For the record, I just made up stuff that might happen in Infinity War.)


  • I had an awesome time with this story.
  • I put a TON of references in it.  #sorrynotsorry

Snippet 3


  • I used Google Earth to walk around Russia, England, and France.
  • I used Google Translate a lot.

Snippet 4


  • Originally, the book wasn't going to be overtly Christian...but it just sort of...happened anyway.

Snippet 5



How was your NaNoWriMo experience?  Did you finish?  Do you have tips on writing full-length novels?  I would love to hear your thoughts!






4 comments:

  1. Nice work! I think it's cool how to added an Avengers (in the making) scene :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome!! I love the references :) and the snippets! and the cover! Congrats on the first draft!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you have said you most likely won't publish it, but I would love to read it!
    great job!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please keep everything clean and always be respectful of others. :) If your comment has inappropriate content, it will be deleted.