6.19.2017

A BIG ANNOUNCEMENT {yes, I know. another post from me.}

I know I already posted today (scroll down for that post), but this too exciting to wait any longer.  (By "too exciting" I mean that I just did a major happy dance throughout my house.)

As mentioned in the title...I have huge news.  When I say huge, I mean H U G E.  First of all, I'm going to say that none of this would have happened if it weren't for God.  ALL of the credit goes to him and his infinite wisdom.  Okay...so here's my story.

I wrote a book.  An actual, finished book.  It had been edited and edited.  And I thought it was ready.  In my small, slightly arrogant, younger mind, I thought every publisher would be swept away by its awesomeness.  How could they refuse me and my incredible work of art?  News flash: They did.  One publisher said it wasn't right for them.  One publisher said that it needed a lot of work, but it was a "diamond in the rough".  As I revised, submitted, and got rejected, I wasn't sure if this was God's plan for me.  So, I sent out one final round of queries.

I waited.

               And waited.

                                   And waited.

Some rejected me, others never responded (which meant they rejected me).  I decided that I wasn't going to publish The Clockshifter, at least not for a while.

Then one day when I didn't have a lot of homework, Tessa Emily Hall, who I had followed since I became serious about writing posted that she had become a junior agent and was seeking clients.  She was looking for books in The Clockshifter's genre and wanted to work with authors who fit my description.  After fangirling for a moment, I dived into a book proposal.  I used a book proposal I'd written for a previous draft and did a major overhaul on it.  I researched things using my handy Go Teen Writers book and the Internet.  This was my last attempt and I was going to make it count.  I didn't really believe anything would come of it, but hey, if God wanted this thing published, He would do something, right?

The next day, I received an email from Tessa.  In a nutshell, it said, "I'm interested."  I gasped, then my eyes filled with tears.  God had a plan all along.  This was way better than those other obscure agents I submitted to before.  I started to pray and pray and pray.  I felt led to do this.  I worked tirelessly on another round of edits, adding more words, just like she asked.

For a while, I didn't hear back.  I started to lose hope.

One day in art class (don't freak out, I was using my phone to look at a reference photo), an email came in.  "I want to set up a call," it said.  I lost it.  Right there in class.  I couldn't stop smiling, tears filled my eyes, and I had to explain to everyone what had just happened.

God was at work.

The day of the call came, and I was ready.  I researched "The Call" online and knew what to expect and what to prepare for.  I outlined my career goals and obstacles I might face.  But when the call came, the agent basically said, "Pray about it, but I'm offering you a contract."

And that's the story of how I got a literary agent.

There.  That's my big news.  Someone is taking a chance on me and my book I started writing on at 14-years-old.

God does amazing things.  I thought that so many different agents would be The Right Ones, but they weren't.  God had something great in mind, so much greater than I could ever imagine.

Ladies and Gentlemen, God is amazing.  He ALWAYS has a plan that's far greater than anything you can imagine!

I'm pleased to announce that I'm now represented by Tessa Emily Hall and Cyle Young with Hartline Literary Agency.

Excuse me while I do another happy dance.

39 comments:

  1. Wowowow!!!!! That's AWESOME! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SOOOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KEEP US POSTED!!!!!!!! XD
    WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. It was so hard not to type like that in my post. Thank you so much! Let's scream about it together!

      Delete
    2. Still SCREAMING here!!!!!!!!!!! XD

      Hahahahah, I bet it was hard not to type in all caps (but since I'm a guest... and this IS the comments... I figured my screaming could be forgiven... considering the occasion;)!!!!!

      Delete
  3. ASGHKSGLGJHAGJGL ALEEEEAAAA!!!!!! Oh my goodness gracious I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS, girl! THIS IS INCREDIBLE - I can't wait to see what else God has in store for you and your story! Keep us posted, I CANNOT WAIT to hear more! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!!!!!! I will definitely keep you updated as much as I can! *SCREAMS FOREVER*

      Delete
  4. OH MY GOOOOOSSSHHH ALEEEAAA!!! CONGRATS GIRL!! *hugs and candy for all*

    ReplyDelete
  5. *flails* Oh my goodness gracious, CONGRATULATIONS, ALEA!!!! I am so, so excited for you, and I can't wait to see The Clockshifter published! Eeeeep! Congratulations again!! *sweeps you up in a massive bear-hug*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!!!! I can't wait to see it published either! :D

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness, that's amazing and wonderful! I'm a new subscriber; your blog is really sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Olivia! Thank you for taking the time to follow my blog! Welcome, friend!

      Delete
  7. *hugs* I'm so thrilled for you, Alea!!!! This has been a crazy adventure, but God is so good. ♥ I'm thankful He gave me a chance to be a part of it! Congratulations; I'm excited to see your book in print (hopefully!) soon!!! *hugs again*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hugs you back* Thank you so much! Yes, it has been crazy. :) *screams again*

      Delete
  8. OH MY WORD THAT IS SO AMAZING AND I CAN'T STOP SHRIEKING. *FLAIL* SOO COOOOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I CAN'T STOP SCREAMING EITHER, YOU'RE OKAY! :D

      Delete
  9. AAHHH *SCREAMING AND FLAILING AND SHOUTING AND WOULD BE THROWING CONFETTI EVERYWHERE IF I HAD SOME* THIS COMMENT IS AN ALL CAPS THING BECAUSE THIS IS HUGE AND I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND ASFLADKJSLFKDSAJ WE MUST CELEBRATE WITH A MAGNIFICENT GARDEN PARTY SOMETIME

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHH YES! LET'S DO THE GARDEN PARTY, JONATHAN! *SHRIEKS AND FLAILS WITH YOU*

      Delete
  10. Alea~! :D CONGRATULATIONS! *throws all the confetti*

    ReplyDelete
  11. OHMYGOODNESSTHATISSOFABULOUS!!!!!!!!! I'm going to add to everyone else's caps and exclamation marks. :P Super duper excited for you, Alea! Grinning from ear to ear right now!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! Goodness, that sounds amazing! God is so good!

    https://teensliveforjesus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes, He is good!!!

      Delete
  13. CONGRATS !!!!
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG THIS PSOT WAS SO INSPIRING !!! AND SO GREAAAATTT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! I'm so glad it inspired you!

      Delete
  14. Oh my goodness, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY! This is incredible! God works in amazing ways sometimes.

    And now it's literally so cool to think that you have an agent now. You're going to get published! I'm having a little trouble keeping myself composed over here. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So where are you going to go from here? Are you basically working on revisions with your agent to prepare for future publication?

      Delete
    2. Yes, He does!

      I know, it's such a cool thought!

      Delete
  15. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT! It's amazing that I have to many incredible friends who are just as excited as I am! You are all invited to Jonathan and my make-believe garden party! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is amazing and terrific! Sorry, I should introduce myself. I'm a new blogger and I have read a lot of your posts for quite a while. You helped me with one of your posts on blog design. I am just quite happy for you which is why I dropped this sudden comment! :)

    -Lisa
    thisinkwell.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      *waves* Hi, Lisa! Welcome to the comments section! I'm so glad I could help you with blog design!

      Delete
  17. Amazing work, Alea! I love when God seems to turn us down time and time again, only to show that He really does have a plan which He is working out, a plan so much better than anything we could have dreamed up. :D God bless and have fun in this new venture! AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Chelsea! Isn't that the best?! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

      Delete
  18. CONGRATULATIONS THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please keep everything clean and always be respectful of others. :) If your comment has inappropriate content, it will be deleted.