Here is a little bit about my NaNoWriMo 2016 experience!
- I wrote 6k in one day.
- I took a couple of breaks for various activities.
- I randomly switched from past tense to present tense on the first page.
(Please ignore all spelling/grammar errors. It's the first draft. Oh, and you can click the text to make the image larger.)
- My MC, Nora Mae, is not a brave person. In a fight or flight situation, she will RUN.
- My characters travel to the set of Avengers: Infinity War,
which I accidently put in Los Angeles instead of Atlanta.
(For the record, I just made up stuff that might happen in Infinity War.)
- I had an awesome time with this story.
- I put a TON of references in it. #sorrynotsorry
- I used Google Earth to walk around Russia, England, and France.
- I used Google Translate a lot.
- Originally, the book wasn't going to be overtly Christian...but it just sort of...happened anyway.
How was your NaNoWriMo experience? Did you finish? Do you have tips on writing full-length novels? I would love to hear your thoughts!