9.26.2016

THE RISE TOUR ||| A Time to Rise Review + The Perfect Soundtrack


If you've followed my blog for any length of time, you've probably heard me shriek talk about my love for the Out of Time Series by Nadine Brandes.  Goodness, I wrote a post about why you should read it.

I had the privilege of reading A Time to Rise early to review it for you amazing people.  So...here are my thoughts... Disclaimer: If you haven't read A Time to Die and A Time to Speak, please don't read this post.  Instead, read my review for A Time to Die or why you must read this series.

So...let me begin...


What more can you sacrifice than your life? Parvin Blackwater is dead. At least…that’s what the Council—and the world—thinks. But her sacrifice tore down part of the Wall long enough to stir up hope and rebellion in the people. Now she will rise again. Strong, free, and fearless. Parvin and Solomon must uncover the mysterious clues that Jude left behind in order to destroy the projected Wall once and for all. Meanwhile, the Council schemes to new levels of technology in its attempts to keep the people contained. Can a one-handed Radical and a scarred ex-Enforcer really bring shalom to the world? This is the concluding book in the Out of Time Series.


The moment I received the email with the ARC in it, I screamed.  I actually screamed and ran around my house telling my mom and sister all about it.  And then I started reading it...and well, you know, couldn't stop.

Once again, Nadine Brandes starts out with an epic first line.  The story picks up just a couple of hours after the cliffhanger end of A Time to Speak and doesn't stop until the very end.

Parvin comes back better than ever.  She has grown so much since she counted down what she thought was the last year of her life.  Her faith is so much stronger.  It's such a beautiful thing to read.  She's a little more sassy in this book, but I think it fits.  She's more comfortable with being herself.  *Shrugs* Some people may not like it but I do.  Maybe it's because she's so much like me.

Solomon is just as amazing as he's always been.  I fully support the Solovin ship.  Period.

Willow returns as well, but she has been utterly broken by the USE.

And then we come to Skelley Chase.  His craftiness is back, but just when you think you have him figured out...you don't.  Is he the real villain?  What does he actually want?  Whose side is he really on?

The plot was just as good as the other books.  It ended in a wonderful way with a "spiritual punch" and a killer last line.

Was I satisfied with the end to one of my favorite series?  Yes.  Yes, I was.  Many tears were shed and lots of fangirling went down.  Nadine finished this series out perfectly.
Nadine Brandes learned to write her alphabet with a fountain pen.
In Kindergarten.

Cool, right? She dealt with ink splotches before even knowing how to spell. She never decided to become a writer. Her brain simply classified it as a necessity to life -- like bathing, eating, and sleeping.

Nadine is an adventurer, fusing authentic faith with bold imagination. She writes stories about brave living, finding purpose, and other worlds soaked in imagination.

When she's not taste-testing a new chai or editing fantasy novels, Nadine is out traveling, finding new music, and pursuing active life.




Convinced to read it?  If you preorder it you can get some pretty cool swag items!


Preorder Links




The Perfect Soundtrack

For those of you who don't know, I'm kind of obsessed with filmmaking.  I love filming, acting, and editing.  Basically all of it.  One of my favorite parts is picking the perfect soundtrack.  So when I found the perfect book trailer songs for each book in the Out of Time Series, I had to share.

A Time to Die - Android Automation by Audiomachine

A Time to Speak - Biostorm by Audiomachine


A Time to Rise - 25th Century by Audiomachine





Have you read any books in the Out of Time Series?  What did you think?  Are you as excited for A Time to Rise to release as I am?

2 comments:

  1. AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH.

    I can't believe this is the end. I just can't. *tears*

    ReplyDelete
  2. *reads the ARC A Time To Rise*

    *dies of loving it so much*

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please keep everything clean and always be respectful of others. :) If your comment has inappropriate content, it will be deleted.