3.22.2017

Trends In Book Covers and why we should pay attention to them

I made a video about cover design!  Let's explore some book covers and see how we can apply these when we design covers, either for real or for fun.


(As a side note, I'm super awkward in this video so...yeah...sorry...)


Indie e-Con

I also have another video up on Kendra's blog about how to use less stock photography.


Am I horribly awkward in these videos?  What are some of your favorite book cover trends?  What are some of your favorite book covers?  I would love to hear your thoughts!


4 comments:

  1. i like this video!!!! well done!!!! i agree with it so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you're that awkward on video.
    The close up faces on the cover actually turn me off, even if it's only half a face. I don't like it when a person takes up a large percentage of the cover, especially if it's only part of their body. I think with Cinder, it may also have been playing off Twilight's cover.
    I believe that A Time to Die's style may be similar to some adult fantasy, which tends to focus on the scenery and show that there's a big world to explore. (I'm thinking of The Way of Kings' cover.)
    This is interesting because I just designed a cover for my camp NaNo novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the weirdest thing to speak to a camera instead of a person. :)
      For me, it depends on the cover. Sometimes partial faces are annoying, but sometimes they look good. I think it depends on how well it blends with the rest of the cover.

      I think it's similar, but also very different. I just really love the cover. :)

      That's awesome! I'll have to look at it!

      Delete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please keep everything clean and always be respectful of others. :) If your comment has inappropriate content, it will be deleted.