3.05.2015

The Book Lover's Questionnaire Tag Post


I was tagged by Katie over at http://awritersfaith.blogspot.com .  Thanks so much Katie!  This is very appropriate for me since I love books.  Seriously, if I am asked for gift ideas, I have a long list of books to ask for.  :) I think it is driving my mom insane.  :)

Do you have a specific place for reading?

Not really.  I will read just about anywhere.  :) I read in a car on a road trip I took this summer and made myself car sick.  No, it didn't stop me from reading (I think I was reading either A Captain's Heart or The Giver at the time I am thinking of).  I think I read 3 books on that trip!

Bookmark or random piece of paper?

I would love to get into the habit of using bookmarks.  I even have one that I want to use.  It just isn't always convenient.  I have used just about everything there is to use.  I was reading certain books of the Go Teen Writers book this week and wanted several pages bookmarked.  I used a pack of tissues for one.  Sometimes it is the library receipt thingy that is used.  :)

Can you stop anywhere in a book or do you have to finish the chapter?

I can stop anywhere except the middle of the paragraph, but if I am very close to the end of a chapter I will finish it.

Music or TV while reading?

If I am in the car with my family, there is usually Christian music on.  Sometimes it irritates me when I am reading, but other times I can deal with it.  I haven't mastered reading with the TV on.  Can anybody even do that?

Do you eat or drink while reading?

I must confess that I have done it.  :)  Nothing can stop me from finishing a suspenseful part...

One book at a time or several?

I prefer one book at a time.  I read so fast anyway that I can read one and then another in a couple of days.

Reading at home or elsewhere?

Honestly, I don't care.  I will read just about anywhere.

Read out loud or silently?  

I definitely prefer to read silently.  But I enjoy someone reading a book to me every once in a while.

Do you read ahead or skip pages?

Sometimes I read the end first, then read the book in chronological order...  People hate it when I do that.  I don't skip pages though.  Sometimes I will skim, if it is an extremely long paragraph of dull description.

Breaking the Spine or keeping it like new?

Like new.  Always.  Especially if it is one of my precious signed books.  :D Mmyyy preciousss booksss. (I meant to sound like Gollum.)

Do you write in your books?

People write in their books???  I would never write in my books.  I hesisitate to even write in journals.  I will highlight in a textbook (if it's mine) though.  I think that's a little different though.

Sorry for the silliness, my dear readers.  I must let you know that I am in a happy mood right now, that is why the answers seem like an insane fangirl hacked into my Blogger account.  (Sometimes I can be an insane fangirl however...)

As I am supposed to do, I now tag...

Anna at http://truthofthelens.blogspot.com

Jessica at http://throughtherealemofdreams.blogspot.com

Enjoy the rest of your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please keep everything clean and always be respectful of others. :) If your comment has inappropriate content, it will be deleted.