Today I will be rambling talking to you about my novel that I will be writing in November. I told you a bit about it a few days ago, but Cait's link up inspired me to share more. :)
1.How did you come up with the idea for your novel, and how long have you had the idea?
I'm not sure the exact date the idea came to me, but I think it was sometime over the summer. I do remember that I was trying to find cool movie trailer music (I'm weird like that) and suddenly I thought of a little intro monologue. More started developing in my head before I could stop it and then, voila! I had a story idea.
2. Why are you excited to write this novel?
It's a story that needs to come out and be told.
3. What is your novel about, and what is the title?
If you saw my little post a few days ago, you saw the little line I wrote for it. It said:
The point isn't that she went, but that she came back.
Since then I have added to it so that it says...
Murder and spies in a labyrinth of lies with a tinge of time travel. Remember, the point isn't that she went, but that she came back.
|Font Attribution: http://www.dafont.com/the-rave-is-in-your-pants.font|
That's the just-for-fun cover I made a couple of days ago. I think I need to go back and change the color of my name in the bottom right corner... (The past few days I have been really obsessed with making book covers. :D )
As you can probably see, I have entitled this WIP To Be Awake.
4. Sum up your characters in one word each. (Feel free to add pictures!)
*hides* I haven't really developed my characters very much yet...but I can tell you their names...
Main Character - Haven.
Other POV character - Zenon
That's pretty much all have worked out. I probably should seeing as there are only 20 days until I have to start writing this thing... :)
5. Which character(s) do you think will be your favourite to write? Tell us about them!
Goodness...I don't know! I think maybe Zenon. He's more than he appears to be, I'll just tell you that. He is a spoilerish character. :D *Evil author laugh*
6. What is your protagonist’s goal, and what stands in the way?
The protagonist's main goal is that she the government to stop doing bad things. (Another spoiler there too). The problem is, everyone believes their lies. No one will help and Haven is being used by the government against her will.
7. Where is your novel set? (Show us pictures if you have them!)
I haven't worked all of this out either. I am thinking earth in the future and then the Civil War era. I mentioned there was time travel, didn't I? The future earth is set up in a society of time travellers (sorry, not Time Lords) who when they turn a certain age get to pick what time period they want to go back into (or forward).
8. What is the most important relationship your character has?
Probably her relationship with Zenon. It will take many twists and turns throughout the book.
9. How does your protagonist change by the end of the novel?
Still working this part out... :)
10. What themes are in your book? How do you want your readers to feel when the story is over?
I guess the main theme of To Be Awake, at this point in the writing journey, is that it is important to find the truth while surrounded by lies. When the book is over, I want readers to feel depressed and sad. Just kidding! :) I want them to feel like it is one of the best books they have ever read. I want them to be uplifted by the story, even if there are some depressing parts. I want them to have learned something from it.
11. BONUS! Tell us your 3 best pieces of advice for others trying to write a book in a month.
- Do word wars with other people trying for the name goal. Don't get distracted chatting with them, though.
- Just get words onto the paper and silence your inner editor. Do it. It helps.
- Word crawls are amazing and fun. They are basically a series of word wars with yourself or another person that follow a story. They are long, but awesome. You can find some here: http://www.wikiwrimo.org/wiki/Word_crawl
Enough about my novel, tell me about your novel! Or if you are participating in this link up, send me a link so I can read the post! Comment away, my readers!