Welcome to my totally serious post about making books into movies. Enjoy
and become even more addicted to books.
In 5 easy steps, YOU can make any given book into a movie made only by you, and only for you to see. Ready to get started, my bookish friends? (Never fear, non-bookish people, you are welcome too. I don't bite.)
1. Learn how to daydream.
Okay, so you know when you daydream and it feels like you are watching a movie in your mind? (You should be able to to this unless you are Jen from The Ankulen.) Know how to do this and be able to make your brain go into this mode when you choose to.
2. Begin to read.
3. Picture what the words on the page are saying in your mind.Create an image of the characters. Add voices; add scenery; add action. Now follow the story. You will find the words disappear into a mind "movie".
4. Focus more on that "movie" in your mind than the words on the page.
5. You now have a PERFECT movie rendition of your favorite book that YOU made yourself!
- This may lead to an addiction to reading.
- You might have a second of amnesia after pausing your "movie".
- Fangirling (or fanboying) may occur at any given time. This looks a bit like this: