11.22.2014

The Best Blogging Buddies Award

I was nominated for this award by Katie at A Writer's Faith!  Thank you so much Katie!

Here are the rules:
  1. You must make a post to show your award on your main blog.
  2. You must tag the person who nominated you in your post.
  3. You must nominate all of your best buddies, and those whom you want to become best buddies with, who, to your knowledge, have not been nominated, for this award.
  4. You must ask your buddies at least 15 questions on your post.
  5. You must answer all of the questions your buddies ask you. On your post.

So...Let it Begin!

1. Where is your favorite place to write?
        My favorite place to write has to be the Grand Canyon!  This past summer when I went there, those who I was with and I stopped at a beautiful spot for a little while and I wrote!  It.  Was.  Awesome.
 2. Favorite board game?
       My favorite board game would have to be Scotland Yard.  :) It requires teamwork and a boatload of strategy (which I am not very good at)!
 3. What's your favorite joke?
I am so trying this!
 4. Best writing tip you've ever received?
 
       The best writing tip...hmm...let's see.  Well, I would have to say to keep persevering and writing and finish a story.

 5. Favorite movie?
 
       My favorite movie has to be Lord of the Rings.  Those movies are just epic.

 6. What's a time when you've laughed your hardest?
 
       When I was little, my mom was reading to my sister and I and my sister fell asleep, or partially asleep.  Then, she reached over and grabbed a basket that was next to her bed and tried to drink out of it!  We laughed so hard!

 7. Who's your favorite character that you've created? Describe them a little, if you can.
 
       My favorite character I have created would have to be Eryn from the third book in The Mind Wars Trilogy.  I don't know why I like her so much, but I do.  She has blonde hair and when she is afraid, it paralyzes her.  (I haven't finished creating her yet, so these things are subject to change.)

 8. What's your favorite thing to do besides writing and reading?
 
       My favorite thing to do besides reading and writing is probably spending time with friends and family or making movies!

 9. Movies or books and why?
  
       Books.  All the way.  Don't get me wrong, I love watching movies, but I like reading better.  I really don't know why, but I do.  :)

 10. Ebooks or paperback? Why?
 
       I do have an Ereader, but I like paperbacks so much better!  The feel of an actual book in your hand is an amazing feeling!

 11. Beaches or mountains?
 
       Mountains.

 12. Favorite type of music?
 
       Contemporary Christian!

 13. Okay. Hard question. List your top three favorite books/series.
 
       This one really isn't hard for me!  1. Resistance by Jaye L. Knight 2. Makilien Trilogy by Molly Evangeline 3. Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien

 14. What time of day can you get the most things done?
 
       I can get the most things done in the afternoon to night.  I am a night owl, not a morning person.  :)

 15. And, finally, if there was only one book you could read for the rest of your life, what would it be? (Minus the Bible)
 
       It would be Resistance by Jaye L. Knight.  That book is THE BEST BOOK EVER!  (Sorry, you will probably hear me fangirl about it a lot.)
 
 
Now, I would like to nominate:
 
Athelas Hale at Red Lettering
Anna Jolene at Truth of the Lens
 
 
My Questions For You
1. What has had the most impact on your life?
2. What is your favorite book?
3. What is your favorite movie?
4. Book or movie?
5. You are stranded on an island and can only have one item with you.  What is that item?
6. Would you rather go on a mission trip locally or internationally?  Why did you choose what you did?
7.  Here is a simple one: What is your favorite color?
8. What is the best first line you have ever read in a book?
9. What is the best last line you have ever read in a book?
10. What caused you to start writing?
11. Have you ever finished a story?  If so, what did you do when you finished the first draft?
12. Cake or pie?
13. Pizza or spaghetti?
14. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
15. If you won a million dollars right now, what would you do with the money?