5.18.2015

How to Learn Elvish

Hello!  Today I thought that I would post about learning the Elvish language, Sindarin.  This is the language created by J.R.R. Tolkien and I think that it is awesome!  I have created a list of some resources to guide you on your journey to Rivendell.  :)
*Disclaimer* - All videos mentioned have been watched and are clean.

Curriculum


If you just want to learn some basic phrases (such as hello, my name is ___, etc.), the video below is for you.

For a more in-depth study of the language, here is a free paper curriculum:


Pronunciation


Pronunciation is a difficult thing for me to do correctly when reading something, so here is a video I found.



Writing in Elvish


The link that I am giving for writing Elvish instructs you on how to write your name in Elvish.  You can take this knowledge and write the Sindarin words in Elvish script.

More Resources





4 comments:

  1. Love these links, thank you for sharing! I've been wanting to learn Elvish, but learning languages can be complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be so cool to learn Elvish! Thank you for posting the links!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Convert from English to One of the Elvish languages. For his novel Lord of the Rings J. R. R. Tolkien constructed many Elvish languages. These were the languages spoken by the tribes of his Elves. Sindarin and Quenya are two of the major languages spoken by the Elves. Here you can find Elvish Translators for Sindarin and Quenya.
    ELVISH LANGUAGE

    ReplyDelete
  4. It´s so hard to translate my language into english and then to elvish and then search if they still mean what I was going to search at the first place.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please keep everything clean and always be respectful of others. :) If your comment has inappropriate content, it will be deleted.