7.22.2015

How to Make A Movie Trailer For Your Book

Greetings, dear readers!

I'm sure you have dreamed of your book being turned into a movie at some point or another.  I know I have.  Or maybe you have envisioned your movie all packed into one epic book trailer.

So, here is how you can make a book trailer for your book (or someone else's).

1. Make sure you have the correct costumes and actors for your book.  They don't have to be exactly perfect, but you want them to be as close as possible.

2. Make a list of key scenes and lines for the trailer.  Is where a powerful line your main character says?  A key part that needs to be in there?

3. Find the perfect movie trailer music.  Make sure you are using music that either you have the rights for or it is copyright free.  You may also want to mix a couple of songs together.  The program I like to use is called Audacity.  It's free and isn't too complicated.

4. Figure out what camera angles you are going to use for the scenes.  Make a storyboard if you want.  Here is an article I found all about camera angles.  http://www.mediaknowall.com/camangles.html

5. Film the trailer.  Film what you have planned with your actors dressed up!  Make sure to get enough footage to fill up the time of the music.

6. Edit the footage.  Now it is time for my favorite part of this whole process.  This is the part where you really get to create the mood with cuts in sync with the music and what not.  Here you can also add title slides that tell the viewer what the story is about!

7. Share it with the world!  Put it on YouTube or keep it for yourself.  Make sure your actors are okay with having their faces on the Internet before sharing it.  :)

Update: 7/24/2016

Here's the first one I made:


And the second...




Have you ever made a book trailer?  Did you make it by yourself?  Did you make it with a team?  Comment below!

Tally ho!  Cheery bye!  Until we next meet!
-Alea Harper


13 comments:

  1. Great points and I agree wholeheartedly! In fact, I can think of an amazing trailer you made that you can use as an example in this post! [wink wink]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips, I have never done it, and it would be really hard for my current story as I don't think anyone looks like the main character she had white hair and skin..... and her mentor is a satyr.... Maybe I will for another story I write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some stories are harder than others to make a trailer for. Many I have thought about but then there is something I can't do.

      Delete
  3. Great tips Alea! It was very helpful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. For all you who want to make a book trailer, Rachael is hosting an Ilyon Chronicles book trailer contest on her blog! http://bookendsreviewsbyrayray.blogspot.com/2015/08/contest-info.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. No doubt this is an excellent post I got a lot of knowledge after reading good luck. Theme of blog is excellent there is almost everything to read, Brilliant post. buy pineapple tart

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please keep everything clean and always be respectful of others. :) If your comment has inappropriate content, it will be deleted.