1. It is 100% okay to go insane. Okay...maybe more like 99.2334543345% okay.
2. There is a welcoming community just waiting to motivate you.
3. You get to name a ton of people.
4. If you are mad it is okay to stab someone (IN YOUR NOVEL NOT IN REAL LIFE).
5. No one will judge you for talking to fictional beings. (Dragons included.)
6. Reading is a job requirement.
7. Having hoards of books is nothing to be ashamed about.
8. You may or may not end up with a serious addiction to Pinterest.
9. You will find yourself analyzing every situation as book research. (True story: When I had to get a tooth pulled, I took mental note of everything and how it felt as book research.)
10. Meeting other writers in person is the best thing ever.
11. ALLLLL THE TEA. (or coffee, if you are that kind of person)
12. People might become huge fans of your books in the future. (This might come with them forever hating you for killing characters. You have been forewarned.)
13. You can have a really cool secret agentish double life. A pretty average person by day...and an epic novelist by night! (Unless you actually are a secret agent. Then you are an epic covert operative by day, and an even cooler novelist by night.)
14. You have the right to correct grammar. You're welcome.