6.12.2015

On Book Covers

They say not to judge a book by its cover...but I know I do.  So when I set out to make a book cover, I knew I wanted it to look awesome and professional.  Sure, it was just for fun (it almost wasn't just for fun, but that's another story) but I wanted it to be AWESOME.  :)  Here's how I made it...

1. I found an image that I could use without copyright infringement.
Source

2. I edited the image.

                    a. I cropped it.

                    b. I converted it to black and white.


c. I found a website that colors black and white images called colorizephoto.com.   Here is the finished product. (Minus the Sword)


3. I needed the cover of the book to show a girl reaching for the blade of the sword, which corresponds with the main plot of the book.  The image I picked has a girl reaching, but no sword.  So I added one in.

4. I combined the image of the girl and the sword together into one image.  (The picture above.)

5. I took the image over to Pixlr.com and added filters and stuff like that. :D

6. I picked out a font or two over at the epic website www.dafont.com.

7. I went over to Microsoft Publisher and put it all together!

And here is the finished product!

And there it is!  That's how I made my just-for-fun cover for Death Like Sleep, now Part 1 of The Clockshifter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts! Please keep everything clean and always be respectful of others. :) If your comment has inappropriate content, it will be deleted.