1. I found an image that I could use without copyright infringement.
2. I edited the image.
a. I cropped it.
b. I converted it to black and white.
c. I found a website that colors black and white images called colorizephoto.com. Here is the finished product. (Minus the Sword)
3. I needed the cover of the book to show a girl reaching for the blade of the sword, which corresponds with the main plot of the book. The image I picked has a girl reaching, but no sword. So I added one in.
4. I combined the image of the girl and the sword together into one image. (The picture above.)
5. I took the image over to Pixlr.com and added filters and stuff like that. :D
6. I picked out a font or two over at the epic website www.dafont.com.
7. I went over to Microsoft Publisher and put it all together!
And here is the finished product!
And there it is! That's how I made my just-for-fun cover for Death Like Sleep, now Part 1 of The Clockshifter!